Welcome to Fraternity and Sorority Life at Appalachian State University!
Appalachian State University has been the host of fraternities and sororities for more than 40 years. Today, Appalachian has about 2,000 students holding membership in 35 organizations. The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life (OFSL) focuses on scholarship, community service, philanthropy, leadership development, and friendship. Several of Appalachian's most distinguished graduates are members of fraternities and sororities.
As a part of the Campus Activities Office, we are committed to the holistic development and success of all students, the cultivation of inclusive spaces and communities, and the fostering of meaningful relationships and lifelong learning.
Fraternity and Sorority Life at Appalachian State University exists to support our organizations in creating a membership experience that is safe, encourages growth and accountability, and supports the development of each student.
- Health, Wellness, and Harm Prevention: We believe our fraternity and sorority members should have a fun, enjoyable, and safe membership experience. We provide our chapters with the tools and resources needed to help them create an environment that prioritizes safety, wellness, and responsibility for their members and the community.
- Leadership Education and Development: We provide students the opportunity to learn more about and develop their leadership capabilities through workshops, experiential learning, advising, and other programs.
- Inclusivity and Belonging: We support our organizations in creating a community that values acceptance, inclusion, and celebration of all members in the App State Fraternity & Sorority community. We provide programming to support the education of members and better the experiences of members with marginalized identities.
- Personal and Professional Development: We provide programming that helps students gain more self-confidence, prepares them for life after college, and become better citizens of their communities.
- Civic Engagement: We provide our students with opportunities to connect with campus and community partners to help them create positive change on campus and in the Boone community.
- Personal Growth